View Single Post
Old October 10, 2013, 10:19 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
if he didn't chased records and cricket was oxygen to him why did he retired from ODI after scoring his 100th 100?..can you deny he came to asia cup looking for his 100th 100?, he knew he will struggle to get it in test cricket and he wont get many chances..so he exploited every chance

i am just saying what i saw and interpreted
You make it sound like scoring the 100th 100 is a bad thing. Even if he had that goal its a goal every batsman should aim for isn't it. I am not saying he didn't want to score the 100th 100, obviously he did but thats not all of it. I feel he would have targetted 150th hundred had it not been for the ever increasing public pressure from all around him to retire. From the outside looking in we sometimes see the bigger picture of slowing reflexes and waning form but Tendulkar himself probably still believe he could go on. We hear Ganguly gripe about getting pressured out early but even he was hopeless during the end of his career. Ponting had the same mindset. All these guys simply cannot accept the reality because they have been on top for too long