View Single Post
Old November 6, 2013, 03:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
The side already had Zia, Shamsur, Mominul, Al Amin and to some extent Gazi (played his 5th) who are new and fresh. With Tamim and Shakib out of squad, i dont think it would have been wise to bring some more new players. Naeem and Riyad though not ideal T20 players, was far from the reason for todays loss. Its players like Mashrafe, Raj, Gazi that has to take the blame. Its unacceptable to let the opposition score 200+ in a T20 match. The wicket can be an absolute batting paradise but the opposition has no Gayle, AB, Dhoni, Warner, Kohli, Morgan. Not to take anything away from the fresh and talented New Zealand side, but Bangladesh could have done much better than that.

We need to sort our bowling for this format and Mushy needs to realize that the ODI stars are not necessarily T20 experts. I hope Shafiul returns from injury as he is a fairly decent T20 bowler.
if the Zimbabwe series goes through, it should atleast be 3 T20s and selectors needs to find a set squad from these 3 who can compete in the world cup

At the end of the day, I am not worried about this format
zia is ridiculous to include as an opening batsman though, might be able to hit boundaries but plays a lot of dot balls to and is also easy to clean up. i think shamsur and al amin were worth trying out, not sure on mominul, i'm not sure he's ready for the t20 format.