View Single Post
Old November 13, 2013, 11:56 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynemesis
how could u say this when he is mentioning all the mistake that papon did , and we all wouldbe wish we had a better president than mostofa kamal but certainly we did not , he did no effort to make any kinda series those 6 month of gap we have this year, he give priority to DPL which noone cares about around the world , only way we can get into top is playing more international game , and seems like thats not papon best agenda , BPL couldbeen organized 6 month ago but why papon trying to do this now , i would say BPL is more important now than odi and test bcz of world t20 , seems like its impossible now bcz of papon lazyness and for his careless act
One of the members highlighted the points accused already.
Still, since you were quoting me, I'll try to answer point by point as raised by the OP.

1. No international cricket
The Current FTP was designed and declared by the ICC during Mostafa Kamal's tenure as BCB head. If anything, voice should have been raised back then and after carefully analyzing the scheduling gaps and opportunities well in advance, the past BCB administration should have attempted to fill up the scheduling gaps for Bangladesh. By past, I mean the administrative team lead by Mostafa Kamal, not the Ad-Hoc Committee by Mr Nazmul Hossain.

We are neither lucrative nor established cricketing power that just because we have some free time in scheduling, Australia will catch the next flight to Dhaka once we invite them. As mentioned before, planning takes time and in our case, some persuasion.

This accusation can not be directly pointed towards Mr Papon.

2. DPL not organized properly
Mismanagement in scheduling is nothing new and though he shares some of the blame, I see how it is a complete failure of Mr Nazmul Hasan.

3. Cox Bazar stadium disaster
If anything, he should be credited for actually having a physical stadium in Coxsbazar.
We were confirmed as the host of WC T20 2014 in 2010, again during the tenure of Mr Mostafa Kamal and absolutely nothing was done during his time.

The work for both Coxs Bazar and Sylhet stadium started and now being finished during Mr Papon's tenure, despite being appointed into the role in barely year and half prior to the world cup.

4. Match fixing tribunal not formed
Follow the news. Tribunal formed and already had their first meeting last Saturday.

5. BPL third edition cancelled, players not paid
Again, problem inherited than rather created by Mr Papon.
BPL was penned during Mr Kamal's tenure without any formal agreement between Board, Franchise and the Event Organizers. That was a mega mess he inherited and I thought did a decent enough job for atleast making sure the event took place last time despite the whole payment, pakistani player fiasco.
Plus his hard stance against the PCB was also commendable.

6. India tour promised but no action
India is not his nanubari.
We haven't toured India during the last 13 years and unlikely to tour anytime in the near future. No point raising fingers at him.

7. Election rigged
Debatable issue. Any election is about securing your votes through diplomacy and channels and I thought Mr Saber Hossain finally backed off seeing he did not have enough firepower to stage a comeback. He lost in the diplomacy part. As I say, debatable issue.

8. Coaches complaining lack of action and multitasking, quick decision making missing
Like ? Care to elaborate with examples ??

9. TV rights issues
Again, the Nimbus contract ended during early 2012 when Mr Kamal was in chair.
You can't simply expect the new president to come in, mostly as an Interim Chief, and expect to sign the most important contract. Specially after the previous experience, BCB ought to proceed carefully.

10. WT20 QUALIFICATION
Is it rather unfair and unconventional ? May be yes.
But if we can't beat the likes of Ireland and Afghanistan in our own soil, we might as well be on the sideline.

11. Ireland tour cancelled
We already toured them last year before the T20 World cup.
Which tour you are referring to ?

12. Zimbabwe tour not arranged
Again, arranging a tour isn't really a mamu barir abdar.

13. SA was free, no contact done. Afghanistan complaining against his inaction.
Gimme a freakin break.
Read newspaper first.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]