View Single Post
Old November 30, 2013, 07:02 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Honestly, we might be at a really bad situation here. In the last world cup, we didn't even win any matches in the group stages, and we might have had a better team with Ashraful opening in T20s. In this case, we continue choosing players who are not suitable for this format like Mominul, Mahmudullah to some extent, Razzak in the bowling department. We lack pace bowling allrounders. And quite frankly, barring Shakib no one has stepped up to the plate, even Tamim's strike rate is less than 110 last time I checked. As I said before, our bowling leaves a lot to be desired.

Solution? Along with Mashrafe, we need a strong fast bowling option, a bowler who is in form and confidence. We need a strong opening partner for Tamim. We need a quick 12 ball 20 type of player in the middle order, who can it be? Junaid can be an option. Just don't pick the same team as ODIs or Tests, this will be a very different ball game. And looking at Ireland and Afghanistan who have nothing to lose and will play fearlessly, we need to do the same or risk not even progressing to the final rounds infront of our own spectators which in my opinion will be a sheer disaster. On top of that, how are we exactly preparing for this tournament? We are playing Sri Lanka at home, and DPL all of which are either tests or odi formats. What is going on?
agree there should be more T20 but we should not cut the SL tests for that, we play a handful anyway

Remember the 2011 WC?, we cut NZ tests for more ODIs and nothing happened in the WC