View Single Post
Old December 4, 2013, 06:21 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

What worries me is the ruthless nature of business adopted by BCCI. Look at the way they ostracized ICL and then Sri Lankan Premier league by refusing to send players at the last moment. They have pretty much dictated terms to South African board regarding its own hiring and curtailed a pre-agreed tour to milk more money out of the Tendulkar retirement series at home. None of the actions of BCCI show any sign of an approach where by all boards can attain collective prosperity. It all seems to be about India and only Indian cricket development. One might argue it is not their job to care about others and that is a fair point as long as their actions are not detrimental to the overall game. I believe it is harming the overall game and pushing other boards to adopt a similar approach (failed attempt by ECB with Stamford), Big Bash ahead of longer version cricket in Australia.
Test cricket has largely been sidelined and crowded schedules has led to viewer fatigue.
The FTP has never been this biased against smaller teams... and I am really afraid about what will come next or if a situation arises where BCB finds itself in a position of conflict with BCCI