Originally Posted by CricketPagolChele
I am sorry if I sounded rude but I have nothing against Team AFG.
I just have few questions for you (AFG Fans):
1. Why AFG Fans claim that they are better than us? What is the base of that claim? Is it because you guys are beating lower ranked associates consistently who are just learning cricket?
2. If AFG are better than us, why they could not beat us yet? I am not saying they would never beat us, they would definitely, but as of today that did not happen.
3. If AFG are better than us, why would you guys want to play with us and how that would benefit you? Thought playing with better team would be beneficial.
4. Why don't you pursue other nations specially from ASIA to play with you?
FYI: When BAN were not a full member, they had to qualify even for ASIA CUP by becoming champion in ACC tournament. They did not have luxury of playing cricket often with big boys except for ASIA CUP.
No problem brother, it happens for all of us
1. No, very few will make that claim - we want to improve. Though we aren't a stable team, we've beaten the hell out of everyone at our level, on a good day even Ireland looks like kids for us, however, our bottom level is so low that they also make us look kids sometimes. It's now time for us to move to the next level in which you guys are.
We were an affiliate team until this summer I think, So I don't know who is just learning the game, us or the ones who have been associate teams for many years
I think I've been around question 2 and 3.
4. We asked all Asian teams, Pakistan is the only country who has responded to our requests and played us with their full team. Some years ago we were invited by Sri Lanka as well.
India to whom we Afghans have a very soft heart has totally rejected us