View Single Post
Old December 17, 2013, 11:54 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

You guys have a good mix of speed and skill. It's good to see how well Shero has drafted with no lottery picks in the last 6 years (aside from Pouliot). That goal by Sid was just horrible coverage from the Leafs. He had all of eternity and then some in the slot. He could have grabbed a seat, had himself a beer, and then scored the goal.

You give Sid that much time and space and he will score always. Guess who wasn't on the ice when Sid scored. Phaneuf vs Crosby is an excellent match up, and its a lot fun to watch. Phaneuf's game has evolved since he has been traded here. Although he did go for the big hit last night (the one that resulted in an odd man rush) he was superb last night. Crosby has just 2 assists in 2 games when Phaneuf is on the ice with him.

It really shows you how much depth Canada has at D, when Phaneuf doesn't even get consideration for the Olympic team.

The Olympics is only a couple months away! Although I want my country to win, I wouldn't mind to see an underdog team, like Czech Republic, take it. It's always fun when small teams come out of nowhere to win.

My prediction for team Canada is as follows:

Hall - Crosby - Stamkos
Tavares - Getzlaf - Perry
Sharp - Toews - Carter/Giroux
Lucic - Bergeron - St.Louis
Carter/Giroux, Duchene

Keith - Seabrook
Vlasic - Weber
Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo
Doughty - Subban/Letang

Price
Holtby