View Single Post
Old June 17, 2014, 11:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Seriously thought Shakib had the ability to score 10,000 runs and 400 ODI wickets. That would put him in the history books as one of the best ODI all rounders of all time.

At 27, with another 7-8 years of cricket left, its not impossible for him to get close to those marks.

But i am disappointed his skill set and application seem to be on its way down. Nowhere near the aggressive bowler he used to be. And even with the bat he doesnt take that responsibility. From ball one he tries to charge down the track with no value for his wicket. If you dont believe me check performance year by year. http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/St...yerID=3426#bat

I really hope guys like Shakib actually listen to Hathurusingha.Even the best coach in the world cant make a change if a player is not willing to adapt or work hard or improve. If Sangakarra and co can sit, and learn and change their game based on our new head coach, i dont see why our guys shouldnt.

And i am not talking abt Shakib in particular. Maybe our players also cant handle success and money. Sangakarra is billboards and hoardings all over Sri Lanka. He has enough of money, and the hottest marketing prospect for any business. But never will he compromise on his training time, whether on his own, or training with his team. Its hard work that has made Sanga who he is, not natural talent. He is first and foremost always focused on his cricket.