View Single Post
Old July 23, 2014, 04:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
The things is the Associates have all improved greatly since then.Ireland had very few professional players, Kenya were on their last legs and the Scots werent as good as they are now. You also have Afghanistan threatening now

Obviously from you guys point of view you should expect to win at least 90% of games vs Associates. That isnt as easy as it sounds though and it will require your team going out on the pitch with a winning attitude and self belief.
This is true to an extent. For the record, I'd be satisfied with at least an 80% record as things stand now. I think that would be a fair performance, although if you lose every 5th game to Associates random Indopaksters will pop up saying "Bangladesh gets dominated by Associates". Obviously, one should aim to win 100% of matches against teams ranked lower, but 90% would the ideal. But I think 80% would be a good start.

Since gaining Test status in 2000, we have a 20-6 record against all Associates in ODIs (see link). That is equivalent to 3.33-1, which is pretty closer to 4-1, that I have been advocating. Its actually a lot closer than I thought. So 5-1 should not be a bad ratio to have.

Since Zimbabwe's rebels walked off and ZIM joined us in the minnow ranks in 2004, we've gone 30-16 against them. Clearly this needs to be improved to 3-1 if we want to progress further.

#OneTeam1Dream