View Single Post
Old August 26, 2014, 05:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Shami has a strike rate of 29, but i bet you wouldnt pick Al Amin over him. Strike rate of our guys will slowly change as they face more opposition in tougher conditions. The only bowler i would genuinely count on for picking a wicket in crucial circumstances is Shakib.

But even Shakib had recently accepted his limitation. He had mention he might be good enough to stall an opposition, but he doesnt have what it takes to destroy an opposition batting lineup like say a Herath or Ajmal or Narine or Ashwin can do.

That was my point-we dont have genuine wicket taking bowlers. They take wickets from like they call unforced errors in tennis. Since we dont have such bowlers, better for us to accept our limitations and try to make best use of it.
mash and shakib have played over 100 ODIs for their strike rates and rubel has played near 50 (49) ODIs. what i'm saying is they're decent strike rates, haven't checked the stats against G8s so maybe it dramatically rises against the better teams, the other thing is i reckon other teams prominent bowlers probably get the 4fers and 5fers more often than BD bowlers which makes a big difference to winning matches.

Last edited by Gowza; August 26, 2014 at 08:29 AM..