View Single Post
Old August 26, 2014, 05:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I agree in some ways that Shamsur hasn't gotten really an extended run and even in this series, he played out of position at #4 which he doesn't even do in domestics so you could make an excuse for him to stay in the side.

That said, I have my doubts he will stay in the side for long. His footwork is atrocious. You could say that Anamul has bad footwork too but at least he has a strong temperament and willingness to grind out an innings. Shamsur is poor temperamentally. There isn't anything about his game that can suggest he could succeed.
for the last sentence i will have to disagree my friend, from what i've seen he has a lot more going for him than most other BD batsman, he has pretty good technique (for a BD batsman), decent footwork (everyone has bad footwork at times, note i'm not saying he has great footwork but decent footwork), he drives well, hooks well, is capable of rotating strike, is capable of hitting boundary balls and is capable of changing gears within an innings as seen in his ODI 96.