View Single Post
Old November 2, 2014, 02:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I'm excited for today's match. I feel that we'll perform better in Khulna with the pitch conditions favoring us more. Our batsmen will likely have an easier time with the bounce not being as much. No reason why our batsmen can't perform on the pitch. Also I believe their batsmen will continue to struggle against Taijul, Shakib and Jubair.

That said, we obviously have to be at the top of our game. Like I've said before, I really respect this Zimbabwe side. Once the likes of Sibanda, Masakadza, Taylor, Ervine and Raza get their eye in, they can produce quality innings. Then of course their pacers Panyangara, Chigumbura and Chatara are all quality as well and are not easy to score off of. So we definitely do have our work cut out against us and in the end, we'll need to play very well if we want to win again.

Best of luck to both sides and may the best team win!
I only rate Taylor with the bat and Chatara (who is even better than Jarvis) with the ball. Also rate Williams but he's been suspended...has potential to a poor man's Shakib for Zimbabwe although he's already 28-29 so probably won't ever be quite as good as Shakib, but never to late to improve your bowling. Sibanda was a talent, but at 31, his time to turn it around is gone. He's their Aftab Ahmed. Ervine also is decent as are most of the white players who crack their system. Masakadza is a minnow basher, and I swear Chigumbura is South African with how he chokes in the clutch. Raza wouldn't have even made it to a Quad e Azam tryouts let alone PAK national team. Panyangara is an obese trundler. Nyumbu its still to early to tell but he looked less threatening than a grandma on a square turner.

ZIM have some talent coming through, and hopefully they will stick around and replace most of the guys in the current side. Nick Welch and Ryan Burl will hopefully make the team in the next couple of years and will definitely be an upgrade on the likes of Masakadza, Chigumbura, and Waller.

#OneTeam1Dream