View Single Post
Old November 2, 2014, 03:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I only rate Taylor with the bat and Chatara (who is even better than Jarvis) with the ball. Also rate Williams but he's been suspended...has potential to a poor man's Shakib for Zimbabwe although he's already 28-29 so probably won't ever be quite as good as Shakib, but never to late to improve your bowling. Sibanda was a talent, but at 31, his time to turn it around is gone. He's their Aftab Ahmed. Ervine also is decent as are most of the white players who crack their system. Masakadza is a minnow basher, and I swear Chigumbura is South African with how he chokes in the clutch. Raza wouldn't have even made it to a Quad e Azam tryouts let alone PAK national team. Panyangara is an obese trundler. Nyumbu its still to early to tell but he looked less threatening than a grandma on a square turner.

ZIM have some talent coming through, and hopefully they will stick around and replace most of the guys in the current side. Nick Welch and Ryan Burl will hopefully make the team in the next couple of years and will definitely be an upgrade on the likes of Masakadza, Chigumbura, and Waller.
I agree that barring Taylor, the rest of their batsmen are inconsistent but they all do have talent but like us, their batsmen have underachieved. It still doesn't take away the fact that they are still dangerous once they get going which is why our spinners have to continue the good work.