View Single Post
Old November 28, 2014, 01:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444

I think Al-Amin, Rubel and Shafiul belong in the same category. Good pacers by our standard but not internationally.

Abul's still a raw pacer. He has potential but hes behind the rest. Didn't bowl badly today but his consistency in line and length need improvement.
I would argue Rubel is very decent in the ODIs -even by international standard. He averages 32 which is by no means shoddy. Rubel is still not 25 and mostly been bowling on our slow and low pitches so far in his career. If he works hard and works on his length i.e not bowling short, he will get us bucket-loads wickets in pace friendly conditions. I, also, reckon he is capable of bowling a yard faster and consistently hitting 140k and beyond. I see a vast improvement in Rubel over the last couple of years while still learning the art of fast bowling. Rubel is an exciting prospect and still a work in progress. As we know most fast bowlers hit their peak around 28 - 30. I also see a change in his attitude this days. He is becoming a little more aggressive -as opposed to being a "shy boy"- which is very much needed as a pace bowler.

Taskin and Abul are also extremely exciting prospects in their own ways. The pace stock of Bangladesh doesn't look all that shubby -all of a sudden. I am also terribly excited by this young left arm pacer Mostafizur Rahman who had a very good U19 world Cup. You may say I'm easily excitable.