View Single Post
Old December 13, 2014, 06:04 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

An excellent write up, Jeesh.

Nasir is one of the very few Bangladeshi cricketers blessed with an excellent temperament. I slightly disagree with you about power and timing. Why bother about power when one is graced with timing. Not many times the ball as well as Nasir on song. He also bats well within his limitations. Said that, Nasir packs a punch even with his lean and thin physique -similar to Shafiul Islam.

I think just before Nasir's slump began his off field antics were getting too loud for my likings and he might have been distracted with much non-cricketing activities. This is where young cricketers need mentors and role models. Perhaps, the success got to Nasir's head a little. I was quite surprised when I read somewhere about his denial of lack of form when he clearly couldn't be more out of form. Perhaps, this was a reflection of his then mindset.

I wonder if the BCB think-tank sees the importance of a Nasir as you or I do! Do they realize exactly how important is a cricketer like Nasir for our team? What have they done or what are they doing to get him back in form? Why was he not given a chance in the last one or two ODIs? Was giving him a clean break part of his rehab?

Most importantly, what Nasir is doing himself?