View Single Post
Old February 17, 2015, 04:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Opening a Tushar Imran thread doesn't automatically mean a rally for his re-inclusion within the national set up. My primary intention was to acknowledge the service and achievements of a domestic veteran. We have a tendency of under-appreciating of people in the background and not in the immediate fore -which I believe a bad culture.

Now, as for his POSSIBLE comeback to the international scene, we have to realize that most of the BD cricketers will be late developers (there ARE exceptions) because of the obvious reason of our lack of cricket culture. This is certainly true of Tushar Imran's batch. Things are only beginning to take shape now. My contention is if, for example, Tushar is physically and mentally prepared and he has been solid in terms of performance in the FC circuit then why should he not be, at least, considered for a possible comeback. Yes, some people are never meant to set the international scene alight. But, we must treat every case individually. There shouldn't be a "shut and closed" policy. I believe Tushar has enough talent and skills to grace the international arena again. He is still only 30. But, it all depends on how fit he is or how self-motivated he is or how accomplished he is now as a cricketer as opposed to the past. We cannot really have a proper judgement until we see him play.

Finally, new and fresh isn't always better. Old can be gold sometime.