View Single Post
Old February 26, 2015, 12:20 PM
Club Cricketer

Our cricketers don't have 'cricketing' talent. After playing 10-15 years at the highest level, none of them know how to approach a chase. Yesterday's track was a batting paradise. Any proper team with 8 batsmen should have chased it down against SL poor bowling attack. At this level your top order batsmen should not get runout in this huge outfield when there are gaps galore. Yes you can have a poor day at the field but the approach during the batting spoke of sheer incompetency.

I for one stayed up all night to watch how poor and unprofessional our cricketers are. I agree with all your points above. Everything in Bangladesh is political. No one is there to hold anyone accountable. When students are Universities are political pawns, our cricketers are showpieces.

I will get criticized for this but I don't think we are ready to play at this level. We are a bit better than Zim, Afg, and other and way below than Windies and Pak. Bangladesh needs major reform at the first class level and management level. Players like Tamim Iqbal are passengers and are a poor example to the young players. In my eyes yesterday we were just a poor version of Pakistan.

#rantover