View Single Post
Old March 27, 2015, 08:27 AM
Cricket Sage

If Anamul is not good for #2, then for the same reason he will not be good for #3.

Anamul has good temperament, once set can stay long enough, and had some runs under his belt. But the problem is his footwork (or lack of it), too shaky at the beginning, wste too many dot balls, doesn't know how take quick singles by just pushing the ball in the gaps, running between the wicket is also pretty bad, always a risk getting run out.

So unless he start addressing some of these issues moving him to #3 will not solve any problem, it will move the problem from one phase of the game to another phase.

That's why I am hesitant to switch slots between Sarkar and Anamul, that will not solve the team problem. I would rather give opportunity to Litton or being another young payers and solve the team problem.

btw I have no doubt that Sarkar will suit perfectly as our opener. All indication is, he will take advantage of the power play field position and have some quick runs, which I am looking from atleast one of our openers.