View Single Post
Old March 29, 2015, 12:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
its interesting how most of u want Soumya for no.3 when his style doesnt suit no.3 at all. In my judgement, no.3 should be a steady, consistent scoring batsman who will build the innings and have the ability to play longer. A typical no.3 is expected to play between 10-30 overs for majority of his matches regardless of the strike rate.

To me, the ideal no.3 would by Mushy but the coach never really had him play there and I can sort of see why now. Shakib cannot be trusted to save a collapse or play a long innings all by himself which Mushy can do better. So I guess it has to be Riyad for now. Soumya, by his willingness to score runs and use the restrictions early on, should be playing one of the opening position. This fortunately happens to be his original position too! it should opener-soumya-riyad-mushy-shak-nasir-shabbir.
Imo sabbir showed in this World Cup that he can fill mushy's void in the middle Lowe order so I'd still like to see mushy up there. Openers, then mushy, then riyad, then shakib and sabbir, nasir at 7.