View Single Post
Old May 25, 2015, 02:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
A somewhat disingenuous discussion because many of those stats were accrued before his action getting reviewed. I can, having watched him bowl since and before, can assuredly say that he has lost that bit of nip/zip which made him effective. Not a lot, just a few KMPH probably, but much like Mathew Hoggard before he was dropped during the NZ tour, it's critical. Now even with that, one could argue that he's still one of the top 5 pacers in the country (with our limited pacer pool). So we can continue to have that debate - I just find it not useful to bring up past stats to claim he's really this diamond that we are not valuing.
His action was never found to be illegal so there's nothing stopping him from bowling with that same action. Yes he did look pretty ineffective against Zimbabwe but I think that was more to do with the mental taxation he must have endured during the whole ordeal of proving his action legal. I believe he also had an exam around the time of that series. I just find it amazing that the selectors can so nonchalantly discard a bowler of his quality and not bother to offer a proper explanation. I can only wonder about the difference he would have made against India in the world cup. He is by far the best Bangladeshi death bowler I have seen.