View Single Post
Old February 11, 2016, 12:42 PM

Default Cheer up!

First of all, congratulations to all tiger fans for the team to get the highest ever finish in the tournament. This is crucial. Don't plunge into too much of negativity and stay positive with the achievements. You just went one step ahead in the ladder.

There were problems in the team, especially with top order not delivering. I feel this time of the year, ball swings with early morning start. They were not able to cope up with that. The ideal way would have been to use left-right combination and rotate the strike. The middle order remains very solid, especially Miraz is the find of the tournament, but I was clueless why he comes and bats at number 5 and not at number 3. He has potential to play bigger innings if he plays top of the order. Losing Sanjit early in the tournament didn't go well as well.

Then comes the match day. I said earlier that winning toss would be crucial, but never thought Bangladesh would win toss and bat first. Well, that buried my predictions. Then again the same mistakes. Fans and news media who are lamenting for not having extra 20 runs, should also think what would have happened if Miraz couldn't score much today. From 5 down to 6 down could have finished the innings well below 200 mark.

Then came two dropped catches. I expected WI to be sloppy in the fields but not Bangladesh. Pope and Springer were the players dropped and they were key to this win. We can't see costlier drops than these.

So the point is to cheer up and ignore the nay-sayers. There are people who'd relate the semifinal appearance to missing Aussie team. But opportunities are to be grabbed. Get these kids matured and take the talents in the senior team. If I tell you, in 8 years Bangladesh will play in WC Semis, won't you be happy?