View Single Post
Old March 1, 2016, 01:22 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezwansyed
Bangladesh Bowling is now of world class quality. We will miss Mustafiz, true, but it won't have bad impact on our performance. Everyone is talking about how Rony will do, is Taskin a good death over bowler, Al-Amin's strike rate....but everyone is forgetting the important role Mash is playing. I'm talking about the bowler Mash not Captain Mash. He knows that he ain't the main strike bowler of the team anymore, he is the support bowler aka third seamer. Look at his bowling last few matches. Whenever the Strike bowlers are creating pressure but unfortunately not taking wickets, he is giving the breakthroughs, and when the strike bowlers are striking he is keeping up with tight bowling giving exactly the support strikers need. None can play this role better than Mashrafe at this moment. He is giving the service in the shadows of Taskins and Mustafizs and I'm sure he will use Rony exactly the way he is supposed to. One thing I noticed, while we were playing on the green pitch, Mash was bowling a little bit faster than his usual self around 133/134kph once touching 137kph. But when the pitch turned out to be a brown shaved track, he slowed down his pace to 125/126kph, slowing down his pace on an even slower pitch. Mash was giving no pace to the batsman to play with on a flat track. It's wonderful to see the way how he thinks and utilizes himself exactly the way the team needs him. Anyway I don't think we'll be too much effected by Mustafiz's injury, Tamims inclusion is like a bonus....icing on top of the cake...Go Tigers!!
Point noted. And well put!