View Single Post
Old March 11, 2016, 10:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Since we saw, a terrible unprepared team like BD making it to some standard and finally getting consistent because of the enormous amount of funding tells us the funding needs to happen first. Without it, it wouldn't work. See Kenya. Since Ireland team is in much better positioned now than BD was in 1999, it is high time to stand beside them. We the members wouldn't do it UNLESS it is mandated by the ICC and we are forced to play them.
Bangladesh did not just succeed because of funding, I think that's unfair to the deep fan base that Bangladesh has had for cricket for decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
If there is another way to fund them and not give the test status or give a probation status where they would play every A team home and away (funded by the ICC or members) in certain period of time, then I am all for it.
That's what I'm saying, ICC needs to create an intermediate status and a bridge from associate to top-level, rewarding the upcoming teams with more money and games and also exposure to domestic and 'A' teams. They owe the game of cricket that. Every year, the ICC should pay for at least one associate team to join a domestic competition in one of the test nations. This would avoid the whole ranking risk issue you talk about.

As an Indian, I believe BCCI should take the lead on this - we have enough grounds, teams, infrastructure and a mature domestic competition that offers so many options to accommodate guest teams - be it Challenger, Deodhar, Vijay Hazare, or Syed Mushtaq Ali tournament. Heck even Buchi babu tournament would be good - Kiwis have sent guest teams for Buchi babu before.