View Single Post
Old July 12, 2016, 09:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Jadukor BHai, I Did not forget 71. And Will never forget 71. But 71 has nothing to do with civilians of Pakistan. It was few atrocious rulers and Pakistani army officers, and of course some notorious razakars that were responsible for so many deaths. And I will hate them and will curse them till my last breath.

Having said that What IS is doing over there is just painful. Civilians are suffering. who had nothing to do with 71. If we have issues with them, then how are we any different from those who say all black people are thugs or all moslems are terrorists?

No one deserves to live a life like this. 40 lashes, belittling women etc are very common there. This is not the time to add fuel to the fire. Like you said, IS is a problem for all the muslim countries. Our main focus should be on IS now. Constantly saying stuff like o we are not Pakistan, we are not afgans, we are more cultured and educated than them. Most of our fanatics are from Madrassas and from poor families . We were in denials for so long. And Boom. Gulshan happened.
Well said.

Sometime, I really hate some of my countrymen who despises Pakistani people on the basis of the 1971 war. That war was not fuelled by the demands of the common Pakistani. Infact, more people in East Pakistan desired East Pakistan to remain East Pakistan forever and basically under West Pakistan. Infact, the commoners in Pakistan didn't even desire any kind of bloodshed as conducted by the Pakistani army.

I still don't get why we are living in the past. That war happened 45 years ago. We need to let go of it. The same way Germany these days are hardly scrutinized for what its former rulers like Hitler did.

We speak about our independance all the time. Ofcourse, I am proud to live in an independant sovereign country and it was possible due to that war. But how long are we going to bring that up? Did people forget that song "30 bochor poreo ami shadhinota ke khujjhi". Our situation is horrible is because we are living in the past. Heck, even our captain said after the WC match against England that the real heroes were the freedom fighter.

While I respect the freedom fighters, who have done their job well, their job is over. Now its duty of the current group of people. We need heroes to rise up amidst common people and serve the country, but with this pre-conceived notion that you will not be regarded as a hero unless you have fought a war.

I know my post will offend a lot of senior citizens here. But I think its high time to move on from the past. We need to think about today, and the heroes of today's world. Freedom fighters can't help anyone now. Why do I open the newspaper and everything I read is "XYZ missing" "Hindu priest/blogger killed" "Terrorist attack at location 88". We need to stop idolizing the past and think about today, and step up as a society.