View Single Post
Old July 13, 2016, 12:27 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I agree totally with the second half of your post. No decent human being would celebrate the killing of innocent lives regardless of whatever bitter history we shared over the past.

However if you say 71 was the orchestration of military rulers only i would have to strongly disagree. We were subjected to systemic discrimination from the pakistanies long before the war. The army might have done the killings but the civil society never recognized us as equals from the start. We were always going to be second class bangalies. Besides that, if army had done the crime then why not an apology from subsequent civilian governments? How can we find closure if pakistan never apologizes? Any how i wont derail this thread further. Just making my points clear.
Pakistani people discriminated us no doubt. And i am glad that we are no longer part of them. But they do discriminate their own kind as well bro. Lahore folks think they are better than the people of Karachi, Punjabi people think they are superior, pathans think they are all that . To some extent I think Indians do the same. Forgive me if i am wrong but they do have north and south clash, brahman, non brahman discrimination.
We bdeshis are not that innocent either. Look at the animosity amogst Sylheti, Noakhali, borishailla, Dhakaiya people...

I totally agree with you on Pakistanis not asking for forgiveness. That is just horrible and uncalled for. They must ask for forgiveness.

All i wanted to say is we should focus on how to uproot isis from bd rather than belittling pakistan at this moment. Our house is on fire and if we worry about our neighbor's house now, chances are our house will be gone in front of our own eyes. Now is not the time to talk about zakir nayek or peace tv (banning it was justified, now lets not waste anymore energy on it) or bash pakistan and forget about a major problem that needs to be addressed immediately. And i believe that it is not wise to seek or wish for another's misfortune. We made fun of pakistan's misfortune. Karma bro..