View Single Post
Old October 5, 2016, 11:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket4All
It seems betting people are also predicting a 2-1 ODI series victory to Bangladesh.

Dave Tickner rates Bangladesh one of the cricket bets of the year in the ODI series v England.

Bring it on then!
I have never gambled. However, I know how the gambling industry works. Read up on it.

If you setting a line, your main goal is to attract people to place a bet on that line. Plus you want to attract those who are WILLING to place a bet and HAVE the money. You don't care who wins or loses. You make money when many people bet a lot of amount.

BD supporters are not willing to place a bet (religious reasons). BD supporters don't have the money to out bet the English.

So the line should be set to attract the English/British or potential gamblers to place a bet. 3-0 England line (that is what the English and others are thinking because of their outstanding current form and finds (Stokes -Woakes) plus a weaker BD side with no Fizz) is expected. Thus not many people would bet for England. Now if the line is 2-1 BD, English and others would say England is better than that so I would put some money in that. Now the better would make money with each and every bet placed by people.

Dave is a smart line setter.