View Single Post
Old October 8, 2016, 03:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Woke up this morning and thought to myself. Bangladesh needs Sarkar in the side, blazing teams away at the top, just like how he blazed Pakistan, and South Africa apart, in particular.
Bangladesh needs to have Soumya Sarkar in the side, he has an x-factor. Am sure he will be feeling the pain, the pain of seeing such loss from a position which no one would think you can lose from. Hopefully this will be motivation, for him and Nasir and others, to take revenge next game.

Now, for my XI, this game. If I'm going to have Nasir back in my starting 11, I see a solution to how to bring Soumya back in the 11. Sorry, but, this seems right to me, I'd drop Mossadek, yes. It's nothing against Mossas last two poor batting performances; I feel theres a better batting balance playing this 11 ( which I'm going to show you down below).

Mossadekh has been decent spinner, scored a good knock, but if Nasir comes in for MH Rubel, I don't think we need another spinner in Mossadek. So Soumya comes back in place of Mossadek, for me.

Shafiul might have impressed others, early on. He impressed me too (early on) but he should never should bowl beyond 44 overs. Remember once in 2010 Shafiul couldn't not defend 14 against England? He is poor death overs bowler. At the death only Taskin, Shakib should bowl and Al Amin. So I'm bringing, since the death overs wernt good, I think we need Al Amin, just purely for end overs bowling. Mash and Taskin can do most part of the early overs.

Here is my 11:
Tamim
Kayes
Sarkar
Sabbir
Mushy
Shakib
Mahmudullah
Nasir
Mash
AlAmin
Taskin

We need, deep experienced batting. And good options for different periods of the game with the ball. Al Amin adds more with variations and death overs bowling option. Shafiul looked lost when he bowled his last two.

In conclusion.
I think Bangladesh can still recover, if they believe and play to their potential, if they field well ans hold onto the catches because BD bowling will always create chances; just need to field and have better common sense in our batting.

Here's hoping we get them back. Go Tigers!