View Single Post
Old October 31, 2016, 09:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Aminul Islam Bulbul ke ami kokhono khoma korbo na. My brother and I walked up to him to get his autograph out in the city one day and asked him to make sure we beat Kenya and make it to the finals in the upcoming ODI tri-series.

"Hae Kenya kono bepar na, howe jabe". Hoise? Hoy nai. Zimbabwe/Kenya final khello, aar amader playerra stadium er baire kharay danguli practice korlo.
Omg!! Lol did he really say that?

On topic

Met all the players including Dav Whatmore who came on Eng tour in 2005. During one of the tour games against Derbyshire we could sit right next to all the players as there weren't too many people at the ground and after the match we went to the dressing room and took pictures with all the players thanks to the senior reporter of ATN Bangla, who probably had connections with all the players I guess. All the players looked very friendly except Mashrafe who looked bit grumpy and so I had thought of not taking his picture but my brother sent me back by saying he would mind.

In 2008 met some of the players again during Bds A tour of Eng. we went to watch the match against Lancashire. It was very interesting as we could watch the match from literally couple inches from the rope and we were right behind of Tamim who was fielding at long off most of the time. We could talk to tamim while he was fielding as he was so close. Tamim was happy to answer some of our questions whenever he could. One of Q asked by my friend was about Dollar Mahmud name and Tamim replied he doesn't know why he was named Dollar. As the match went on and the game was slipping off our hands Tamim got annoyed by some of the questions and his reply was something like this" are Bhai amader khelte diben" or something like that. We lost the game just like every other games that I have been to including tour games, game against the Irish in t20 WC.. but for us it was all about meeting our heroes.....