View Single Post
Old January 16, 2017, 05:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mridul
I understand why everyone is so upset but we need to keep the reality of our team in our mind. I have said this already few times -- our team is a very average team. No doubt there is talent but they are not good enough to compete consistently in international level.

2nd innings batting collapse is nothing new. We have seen plenty of these in the past in all formats on a regular basis regardless of any wickets we play in. So personally I was prepared to see a collapse and predicted a NZ win as they can easily play in one day mode to chase anywhere around 300 runs in two sessions.

So what about the 1st innings total - was it a fluke? Well our batsmen do not have all the shots on their hands. They have limited shots which they play to score. NZ missed the trick of not keeping anyone on 3rd man even after so many boundaries. You take the Shakib and Mushy partnership out, the total will look very mediocre.

After this loss, our team will be really devastated and it will affect the 2nd test. I am prepared to see an innings defeat.
They had the same devastating loss against England and came back to win. This team is better than 10 years ago.

#OneTeam1Dream