View Single Post
Old March 17, 2017, 09:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
How many times can one man win matches alone, stats showed new contributes more than 40% to the team

Only one man has done that before him and that's hadlee

And guess what even then we can't win because others never stepped up, only in the past few games has this changed

Put Messi in Sunderland and see if he can get them in champions league, does that mean his contribution would be non existent?

Test matches cannot be won by one man against Good teams

So your idea of we don't win with him so we can drop him is just idiotic, if we simplify it into a scale

You need to be 7/10 to win,

With Shakib we are at like a 6, without him we'll drop to a 3, does the outcome of either result in wins.. No
You made my point. One man rarely make a difference regardless how good he is, its a 11 player team. Lack of team discipline can ruin the whole team. Regardless how good a player is, every body need to believe in "team first" concept, otherwise he need to depart from the team. When a senior player play selfish game, it has long term impact to junior players as usually senoir players have huge impact to junior players. That'w why once McInes didnt wanted any x-players in u19 team locker room he was afraid they will influence young players in a negative way.

Now coming back to Sakib, management need to make sure Sakib understand that "team first" concept. And his behavior yesterday doesn't align with the "team first" concept. BCB need to make every effort to rectify this. And at the end if they make a decision to drop him temporarily or deny NOC as a last resort, I am perfectly ok with that (as a fan).

btw sometimes we may need to go to 5 before moving back to 6 and then 7 ....i.e. if that means you are getting rid of bad influence and tend.... and that is not idiotic my friend ... that is called long term goal to go to the next level.