View Single Post
Old April 19, 2017, 09:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I do have the same paranoia like Alfie. But my biggest worry is that BD will not play well and then I can't justify all this travelling and hassle.

days off from work, traveling paranoia, getting molested by airport security, flying across the Atlantic, updating my social media feeds regularly to show I am cool as I travel, plus all the hotel and food cost -- to only see Tamim dancing down the track. Is it worth it?
this totally reminded me of my own experience during the last World Cup. I traveled from Sydney to Melbourne to watch BD v SL. Took me 12 hours by car and stayed at a person's house. Slept uncomfortably and dealt with so much hassle. Get to the ground and before you know it SL are like 330/1 or something. Witnessed like 6 drop catches. And then first over Tamim gets a duck and bowled by Malinga. Most pointless journey of my life.

However the only memorable moment was when Soumya hit like 3/4 consecutive boundaries off some glorious cover drives. Worst thing is I get home and search everywhere be it google or youtube to find highlights of the shots Soumya played and its literally nowhere to be found on the internet. So the only memorable moment I have i cant even re-live it.