Thread: only 2 pacers
View Single Post
Old June 24, 2005, 04:46 AM
Test Cricketer

I have put the same words in another thread: with all respect in Tapash's ability and potential as a crucial pacer in BD team, I will say, give Tapash a break for atleast one match...........he is just out of groove........for him the other bowlers are becoming loose.............the problems with Tapash: (a) he is not sticking to the basics. No line and lenght. No use of grey_matters while bowling against the left handed batsmen. (b) No ball problems........he is throwing all his body while delivering the ball .... making over stepping the line by many inches......in the last two matches he conceded more than 20 No balls by these. He is not learning. Even he is not getting out of the danger zone on the pitch from his follow through. He delivers the ball very close to the stumps and umpire, causing damage to the pitch......This is real bad.......(c) he is giving shorter balls in the first few overs. (d) it seemed to me, sometimes he tried to do so many things in an over, making all those loose deliveries.

The resultants of Tapash's inclusion in the match means getting bashed while we are fielding giving away so many runs and getting demoralized.

All through this England tour, I have voiced for Tapash. But now is the time to give him a break to make him realize the importance of basics: he is not Brett Lee or Shoeb Akhter. All he should do to maitain a line and length (I know it is so difficult to bowl against the in form batsmen like the Tresco or Strauss). But if he maintains that basics they are bound to respect his ball.

Aftab should come as the change bowler. The trouble is he might be bashed because of the fielding restrictions (1st 15 over). Shumon should also try Rafiq within this 15 overs....atleast one or two overs. Since Rana may replace Tapash, Bashar should not worry to check the run by slower balls in the middle overs. I believe this combination might not be a panacea against the already-hurt-Aussie, but what worse can it bring to us? Lets give it a try.

_Pion