View Single Post
Old April 29, 2017, 09:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

April 29th was the last day for submission of the sponsorshp rights to BCB.

It seems like 5 companies have submitted
Quote:
It has been learnt that PRAN-RFL Group, Meghna Group, Bkash, Robi Axiata Limited and Grameenphone are going to participate in the sponsorship auction.
Eventhough the base price is 60crores, I won't be surprised if the bidding, lobbying and negotiating pushes the sponsorship to well above 70crores for the next season. Which is a whopping 4.3 million USD per year. Second to only India and Australia, this puts Bangladeshi the amount of revenue earned by title sponsorship at the 3rd place in the whole WORLD. WOW! 60crores already puts it at par with England for now though.

It remains to be seen though, how much BCB is going to actually earn from this. We will learn on May 3rd as it will be made public then. But one thing is for sure, BCB is going get even richer from variety of sponsorships as Bangladeshi companies are coming forward to spending some big bucks on the national team as our performances has become better and better on the field.

See, this is actually crazy. When I wrote this thread 55 crores for two years seemed actually like a big deal, never before had our title sponsorship came this high and it was a figure already competing with the world's highest earners, then the base price was set to 60crores, now we are talking 70 crores!!!!! Who knows what the final amount is going to be. That is exactly why I keep saying, wait another 10 years, BCB is going to be the second richest board in the world, you read it first here.

Source: http://www.bdcrictime.com/2017/04/fi...team-sponsors/