View Single Post
Old August 10, 2017, 04:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
Exactly, I would personally love to see a Khulna Knight riders in the neighborhood.

IPL was successful from the very first season credit goes to one guy, Lalit Modi, it was his brain child and he literally micromanaged everything in the first season and the seasons after that just followed the same pattern. First impression is often the last and most long-lasting impression.

TBH there is nothing to be frustrated of, it is not easy to organize this kind of leagues, BPL is still in the infant stage and will improve over time, the only complaint I have is the presentation, I am not talking about after match party or cheerleaders, but at least videography/quality of the videos should be improved if you wanna attract more Non-BD viewers.
Thank God we don't have cheerleaders. It doesn't suit Bengali culture. It doesn't suit Indian culture either, imo. It's just tacky. Not to mention further proof of india's obsession with white skin.

My gripe with BPL is that there's nothing original about it. It's just a carbon copy of IPL, and they can't even do that properly.

The insatiable appetite for cricket in Bangladesh means that BPL will always have a following and will succeed, even when the management is so pathetic. So no one holds their feet to the fire. Here's how I would change things for now:

1) Open up franchise ownership to foreign firms - results in more money being poured in. Value of each franchise would jump as BD firms would have to outbid foreign firms. Not to mention a Knigh Rider management would be a lot more professional and serious than the gadhas running the Barisal Bulls.

2) That money could then be used to develop stadiums and create proper home/away fixtures. And not using the same 2 venues would result in better on field product as well.

3) Go back to 4 foreigners per XI and also require a u-19 player in each XI.

4) Have Bengali-centric team names (see my previous thread - minus all the sylhet back and forth). Jokes aside, those names make more sense than the generic crap we have now.

5) Get rid of team ambassadors and instead have team mascots. Would create a more family friendly environment.