Old August 11, 2017, 11:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
IPL was not created to cater to the Puritans. Primary goals of IPL were
  • To make truckloads of money for BCCI.
  • To recognize raw young talents.
  • To make people flock to the stadium.
  • To make sure the average Indian viewer is glued to the TV while the match is on
  • To make sure that the owners and investors are making profits.
  • To attract a minimum amount of viewers from other cricket playing countries.
  • To make sure that all the players are properly paid as per their contracts
  • To make sure that the domestic players with very little chance to don the blue ever can earn some extra bucks.
  • To create city based rivalries much like soccer leagues.

So far IPL not only fulfilled all the above criteria but exceeded the expectations as well, it is a money making machine for BCCI and has become instrumental in churning out young talents and has a massive popularity among Indian fans, in terms of quality of cricketers both foreign and domestic IPL is miles ahead of other leagues, it became exactly what it was meant to be and more, a tale of success.

Anyways this thread is not about IPL, so I will stop.
On the whole of course ipl is good for Indian cricket

How many young players has it actually produced though?

'To attract a minimum amount of viewers from other cricket playing countries.' - nonsense

Further, they didn't need to go show much showbiz, cheerleaders are cringe worthy, lot of the things just looks like a desperate attempt to bring more 'Americanised'

I don't mind T20, but Big Bash is better to watch than IPL even though it's got less players, that's mainly because it's more cricket based, even though it's got side things to it, it's not in your face

I can't tell you about Indian culture, but most will find You can't watch IPL with your grandmother or young kids, cause every 30 seconds you've got a half naked woman shaking her behind at the camera