View Single Post
Old September 1, 2017, 05:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
We don't work with a sports psychologist so it's difficult
Tiger, you have a point...

But you must take this into consideration that majority of western people can not utilize the treatment of a psychologist, let alone psychotherapy, hypnotherapy or the treatment plan of a psychoanalyst...and imagine Asians, Bangladeshis as patients in that context (BTW not referring to full Pagols/Hemayetpur kind of patients, like jama/pant khuila dilaam ghor theika bahir hoiya dilaam dour gorur pichoney kinds). Our Zeeshan has a very interesting thread in the forget cricket section about psychotherapy, where this practice/science described as a western science and cultural practice. But what I am saying is, even majority of western people cannot utilize, use this.

You have to be educated, and not only just educated, you have to above intelligent, and in possession of a truly sophisticated and open mind, being able to articulate your feelings, speak well, communicate superbly and understand beyond the mundane and rudimentary air as a patient to be able to be treated with 'psychotherapy'.

Random social workers do basic 'treatment' of everyday people, but those are completely and utterly valueless! You go under the treatment of a genuine psychologist or psychoanalyst, you as a patient have to be willing to participate and embrace the deeper self of you. Majority of western people are poorly 'educated', don't be surprised not much different than anywhere in the world, first, third, all. Some people have a degree, some even went to university, some are literate, but total blank inside. When sometimes actually you will come across people who are very smart, intelligent, sharp and have a deep intellectual mind when he/she was never institutionally trained and schooled.

After those being said, what do you think a psychologist would do with Mustafiz?
"Mustafiz, baba...bolo bowl koprtey tumar kothai osubidha hoi? Ki bahbo tumi shara diin? Tomar ghum hoi naa? Tumi ki jiin-er shopno dekho? Tumar kaandhey ektu massage koirey dibo?"
Please think what Mustafiz will say in response? If the psychologist is a female, taholey tow kothai nai...he will be lajjai laal..kothai boltey parbey naa in a small closed door room, Antie boley dekey felbey...what is he going to say? I prefer the red ball over the white....when I see a batsman with a wooden bat, I get nervous, I feel very tired in the morning, when I first wake up. None of these are of value. There will be NO conversation, no dialogue of value to gain the benefit of consulting a psychologist.

At the end of the day, it is ...Maa-er kotha shunio baba, coach ja boley monojoge diye shuniye...maach mangsho beshi korey khau, gaye jur paba...Raat jegey ajey bajey chinta money anio naa...Huzur Babar Pora Pani khao...Bura-der kotha mene cholio...if nothing works, baba, ask the Lord. Wicket paba!

P.S. Contemporary psychology is NOT all about childhood abuse, repressed sexual fantasy, Freudian thinking or Jungian dream analysis. It is much more complex, that is if it is psychotherapy or psychoanalysis.