View Single Post
Old September 29, 2017, 06:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReZ_1
When I first came out of bangladesh I really used to feel sorry and low when someone could not understand where bangladesh is. Once I came across with a chinese student in my university who asked me during our introduction about my origin. I told about bangladesh but he could not understand. I then told him about India and then showed him about the position of bangladesh with respect to india and after that I even googled him the map and told him about different features of our country. He was surprised to know this country exists.

Then I met with another chinese guy who also didn`t know about bangladesh but for some reason that day I asked him back that maybe you are weak in your geography.. don`t you know about banglades(with a surprise)? I also didn`t give him much attention. The next day he came to me and showed me the map in his phone and told that he learned about bangladesh and also showed me the flag and told about the longest sea beach.. I also then told him about all the other relevant details of bangladesh. We had a nice talk and he seemed to give interest to visit bangladesh.

I thought the later person is different than the previous ones so he had an interest besides my different approach. But i took the same approach next time I faced the question from another person about where is bangladesh and the result was amazingly similar. I don`t know whether it was a personal ego or what that made them to act differently.
Does Chinese people know Bangladesh by differnt name? Because one of my mates could not recognize BD as I told him I am from there. I told him we are his neighbor and I am surprised he doesn't know about Bangladesh at all. Then on next day he came up to me and showed Bangladesh on map and said oh thats Bangladesh. They call it something different. But, I think he was making this up as he was embarrassed for not knowing at all.