View Single Post
Old September 30, 2017, 05:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
In the same boat as always because no one has been able to keep there spot and be groomed properly and the older guys have their own issues. Tamim and mushy are horrible captains, shakib is a bad role model, riyad can't keep his spot, imrul's spot is always in question.

Mominul might be an option but what is he like as a captain? And really, he's still finding his feet at test level so it's a bit risky throwing the captaincy on him.

Who else is there? Sabbir or mehedi, way too early for them I'd say, and sabbirs spot in the team isn't even assured.

I think a possible solution is to give it to shakib short term, until mominul or mehedi or whoever the next captain is is ready. But I sure hope they've already picked the next captain and start grooming them. TBH, way I see it at current only possible future captains are mominul and mehedi, otherwise we are stuck with mushy or tamim or shakib for many more years to come.
Tamim has advantages over mushfiq, he has less ego on the field, he is willing to ask for help, it was clear who took over vs England, he asked Shakib to handle the bowling side of things, he asked Mehedi for field setting tips

He's willing to ask and delegate, he realises he's a mediocre captain, something mushfiq doesn't