View Single Post
Old November 1, 2017, 08:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Genuinely curious - how strong is the domestic setup of the West Indies? Obviously a far richer history than Bangladesh's, but what state is it in now, during the dark age of West Indies cricket?
To be honest, we are slowly making our way up. We have some great talents coming up, especially in the fast bowling department (refer to Gowza' thread on WI fast bowling prospects). The first round of our First Class competition just ended. Denesh Ramdin was outstanding, he made a lot of runs against Barbados. My fellow countryman and club member, Veerasammy Permaul took a 10 wicket haul to wallop Jamaica.

Over the past few years, my home country Guyana has been dominating in this format.

Look out for this youth player: Bhaskar Yadram. He is like Kallis. He's gonna be playing the Under-19 world cup next year.

To he honest, I am loving the way out cricket has resurrected. Jimmy Adams is responsible for talent searching, and he's doing a wonderful job.

I could go on and on, but that will take up a lot of time. I'm a proud West Indian at the present moment.