View Single Post
Old December 27, 2017, 12:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
So the question is whether 50 overs bowled by your 3 best bowlers is enough to offset the opposing team having 2 extra batsmen?
Still so many loopholes, good spells are good because they come in gaps, even for the best bowlers it is almost impossible to continue a good spells for 10+ overs in odis, they will eventually be burned out and taken to the cleaners. Fiery opening spells of Starc and Amir, Fizz's cutters in the mid to late overs, Bumrah's deceptive slowers in the last overs are the reasons why people still enjoy quality bowling. It is not possible for Starc to keep gun blazing till 30th over, if Bumra start bowling variations from 25th he will be found out and thrown out of the park during slog overs. From a viewers perspective Interesting things will no longer be interesting if you get too many of them. With this rule bowling will become one dimensional and monotonous to watch. I believe having a couple of very good bowlers doesn't make a great attack, variety and diversity of the attack does. With just 3 bowlers per team this variety will go right out of the window. One more thing is fast bowlers would be overburdened and the likes of Starc will become even more prone to injuries. So overall I am sorry but I am a naysayer in this.