View Single Post
Old June 30, 2005, 08:58 PM
Street Cricketer

I still think we need to use bowlers like Shahadat, Shafaq Al Jabir, Rasel and give them more international exposure.

I wish BTV World would broadcast the A team match highlights. A team tour is something we all should look forward to.

I thought Aftab didn't get enough opportunities to carry on from where he left off against England with his classy 82 not out from 82 balls.

However having said that though he batted at no. 6. he wasn't making the full use of the number of overs he had left.

While he is not as dashing as Tushar Imran he is more suited to the new ball attack with more pace offered to him rather than the slow bowlers. Tushar looks superb against the slow bowlers.

I would sincerely hope that they will not punish any of the existing ODI batsman who played in the final XI for the last few games.

If a team can consistently score 250 against Australia in English pitches it underpins the team's batting depth.

There is no denying the fact that when opposition batsmen are in the back foot not trying to blast taposh, taposh has better figures. But when english batsmen tried to blast him, he was afraid and his length got disturbed and he got thrashed. Before last game his econ. rate was 9.18. He is still a better bowler than Khaled Mahmood Sujon.

So i thought we needed to have played a genuine pacer instead of Khaled Mahmud.

Nazmul has been given enough opportunities but in the last game we could have played Munir or Shahadat.

I am looking forward to having tall fast medium / medium fast bowlers extracting lot of bounce from the pitch and making the opposition batsmen struggle in the middle.

Young tall bowlers tend to be good fielders as well as Mashrafe demostrated but Javed Omar missed a catch and failed to stop the ball when Gilly skied one.

Anyway very pleasing tour and let's forget the ODI ranking. In any given day, we can beat the other teams that didn't participate in this series.