View Single Post
Old October 23, 2003, 01:50 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Cricketislife!

I will try and answer your question as best as I can though I am no expert...sham here will probably be more reliable.

Anyways, he has two variations in his run-up from what I could see from the slide show (technically streaming live video). He comes rather straight when bowling around the wicket and more square of the wicket (in my opinion could be a little more angular) when bowling over the wicket. Nice smooth runup and nice smooth action. He has flight and can turn the ball prodigiously. This is where he differs from Rafique. Rafique is not a big turner as you surely know by now. Junior on the otherhand gets sharp turn off the wicket. In terms of his armoury, I noticed only two- the standard SLA spin and the arm ball like rafique but I am not sure. Sham should be able to comfirm that since he also "saw" the third day. However, one thing is for certain, this young fella is a gem. This is a highly impressive debut, given he is very very young. This augurs very well for the Tigers. One used to wonder what life would be like post-Rafique...so far life looks good.

[Edited on 23-10-2003 by pompous]