View Single Post
Old May 2, 2018, 03:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishu
My argument is simple, in sports you can not be pescimistic, yes there are always better teams and we have see in all sports underdogs doing well. And even the level we are at now is not our players fault, we have seen many times good players being left out and others not properly guided because of these politicians who doesn’t even show confidence in our players.
Why we need to do something? Because we care for our team and don’t need salary to care for them. We can create pressure to demand they make changes and remove politics from sports and pescimistic attitude from Bangladesh players and boards.
As I mentioned previously, if you are not able to stand up and point towards your weaknesses, you're never going to get better at anything, be it sports, work, relationship, etc. That's just common sense. No point on pu**y footing around about actual facts. Our team is mediocore at best. It's the usual 3-4 guys that always wins us the game. Take those names out, we will be lucky to scrape a win against teams like Nepal.

Not our players fault you say? Its definitely their fault (most of the time) when they don't perform after getting selected. Just take Nasir as an example, got a golden opportunity to seal his spot for the next upcoming tours but threw it out with crappy performances in the matches which mattered, not some Dhaka league games. Even reports of various players suggests that some of these guys goes to practice/training for the sake of showing up. There was a reason why Haruti was a pain the arse for a lot of these guys, cause he didn't like those kind of BS.

Also make changes on the basis of pressure... good one. I would definitely love to hear about your plan on how that actually would work out.