View Single Post
Old July 13, 2005, 08:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by tiger_man
this guy's commentry is simply awful...

i was watching the highlights of the game bd vs aus the one in which they won and his commentry is simply annoying...

when aftab hit the six of gillespies ball cause the score to tie....he commented "take that australia"

as a commentator he should be neutral and not express his joy so profoundly, definitely not by attacking the opposing team..
lets face it, he is there as an international commentator, not some khoda box....

whats annoying and more funny is his pronounciation of cricketers name...he calls ricky ponting ..."pointing"....simply annoying in a live telecast in national tv....
i understand athar ali has limitation with his english but as a non native english speaker his english is not that bad. even the english commentators make mistake when they pronounce asian or african names.
on the other hand, athar is the only credible ex cricketer who has good knowledge to be a commentator at this level.
i do not agree with the rest u said about him. a commentator is a person with feelings and emotions just like us and a descent audience appreciate when they see that in positve manner such as 'take that australia',certainly darren lehman did.
i do not understand what is your problem with that. athar ali was not sitting in antarctica(as u were) and getting frozen to death, he was watching his country playing hot blooded and had every right to show his emotions.
and by the way, we do not like see some one in the commentry box as 'mr. right and cool' , we want to see someone who has balls to say things and shows feelings and emotions as we do.
if you do not appreciate that, the others will do.