View Single Post
Old July 13, 2005, 10:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

Man! with all due respect to Tiger_man i find this thread silly. As Mahmood pointed out,he is simply the best we've got, i absolutely dont c any problem with his commentry. So what if he had said, " Take that Australia", i think he was basically trying to give a voice to that superb shot that Aftab played rather than expressing his own opinion and even if it was his opinion what is wrong with it considering all the bashing that he had to take from his other fellow commentators at sky. I've heard other English or Australian commentators taking side, so whats wrong with Athar's comment?
Why r we so desperate to be like others? Why r we criticizing him for his pronunciation or his accent? What is the need for him to sound like English or an Australians, let him speak the way he normally does, rather than making a fool of himself while trying to sound like others. Beside i agree he is not a great commentators but i feel he is certainly improving and is the best in Bangladesh, so support him instead of criticizing. he will only get better.

Edited on, July 13, 2005, 3:22 PM GMT, by Rubayed.
Reason: typo