View Single Post
Old July 29, 2018, 08:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
You cannot just come in and put the “outdated” tag on some players.

Think rationally. Which age group is performing well in matches? Is that experience only? No. I believe this particular batch had the proper training and learning methods which let this particular generation of cricketers keep contributing so late in the career.

The next generation simply lacks the skillsets - their upbringing did not get proper methodology. Their technique insufficient, only shines in one areas. A lot of them came and faded away. Few of them sustained but only for specific formats, not much because of their performance more because we could not develop better replacement for that role.

What I think the Ash-Shakib generation (since 2007 WC) is the best we could get, the most capable generation. We still have time to utilize this crop of players and gain something internationally.

Once they are gone I have really little hope to be able to gain anything after 5 years from now once they start to retire fully.
What you say about the future could become a very real thing if BCB don’t find a group of youngsters to fill the gaps that will be left, and let’s be honest there are plenty of other gaps/issues to fix up aside from filling the void which will be left when shakib, tamim and mushy retire.

My hope lies in the current age group 18-22, the problem with the crop that are about mid 20s now is that even if they have not reached the big 3 level yet then they should’ve shown something significant even if it’s a bit inconsistently but they haven’t really got anything to show for their opportunities.

I posted recently how between them (liton, sabbir and soumya) they’ve got 30 or 31 tests and there is not even one century in there and barely any half centuries.

Just to compare mominul has played a handful of less innings but has 6 tons and 12 half centuries, the 3 of these together have 11 half centuries and 0 centuries between them.

Shows how much of a keeper mominul is.