View Single Post
Old July 31, 2018, 09:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
@ fazal mamu,

eto kotha pechabo nah. granted, bcb management of these players could have been better.

but simply asking -- do you think these players received enough chances to showcase their skills? and why even after few years, they have not developed their game and earned their spots?

right now spots aren't earned. anamul comes in coz soumya is in bad form. now litton will coz anamul flopped.

*discussion doesn't include new raw players like afif, zakir, maruf, rony etc.

Good Idea, I also try to stick with the point:

>> do you think these players received enough chances to showcase their skills?

Some of them got enough chance some of them didn't. For each player its different.
Who got enough chance recently? Sabbir and SS (before he was dropped) for example. Anamul's case is different. He got enough time few years back, but he came back without addressing his issues. Litton and Miraz: work in progress. I see some improvements and want to see more of them.

>> and why even after few years, they have not developed their game and earned their spots?
Its not realistic to expect all of them will earn their spot. Some will stick some will fade. When a young player is dropped for performance/technical reason no point to bring them back unless they(BCB) sees that they address the issue. Just recycling them back and hoping for miracle is not going to work. Among young players, We need to stick with Litton/Miraz/Opu for now bring some new players who are ready (Afif/Zakir/Arif/ etc)

>> right now spots aren't earned. anamul comes in coz soumya is in bad form.

Yes, that's what I am also saying... we (BCB) are sticking with some wrong young players and rewarding them for non performance (Sabbir, Anamul, SS...) that's the problem. While we are not gining some other new players enough chance before sacking them.

>> *discussion doesn't include new raw players like afif, zakir, maruf, rony

I disagree. When you talk about young players and exposure, these players also includes in the discussion.... that is we are recycling some young players Nasir/Sakib/Anamul/SS for so long while we (BCB) brought afif, zakir, rony in the nation team but didnt gave them enough chance to show their capability.

Musfiq didnt grew in one days... it took years for him to develop. What you\ should see in a young player is is he learning and growing, is he given enough chance, etc.