View Single Post
Old July 14, 2005, 02:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Nafees wants Shahriar Nafees

Excerpt from New Age

Considering the time as a bad patch, Nafees now wants to recover his form sooner before the Sri Lanka tour. Meanwhile, the right-handed opener has a huge opportunity to shine with his bat when he will again tour England with Bangladesh A team.

'Definitely my one-day place is not secured after the disappointing series. It is natural to be excluded when I am failing to score runs and the other openers are in good forms,' said Nafees to New Age on Thursday.

'I think I have been going through a bad patch and I want to recover as soon as possible. I am working hard to improve and regain my form.

'I watched my videos and discovered that I had some technical faults.

‘I opened my bat too much without any reason and threw away my wickets when I was set,' added Nafees Iqbal.

Nafees said he considers himself lucky having a place in the A team to overcome his bad form. When asked about the newcomer and his A team captain Shahraer Nafees, Iqbal was very excited.

'He is a very talented player and can play some nice shots. We played together for a long time for the under-17 team and I have a very good understanding with him. It would be nice to bat with him.

'He is a good friend of mine and a relative. I would like to open with him in any team,' added Nafees.

The national selectors are also interested to set a regular left and right-hand opening combination. And the two batsmen will surely give the best possible option to the national selectors for the opening-slot solutions.

Edited on, July 14, 2005, 7:13 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.