View Single Post
Old August 12, 2018, 03:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
The guy is extremely self centered, isn't he? All about him, putting others down, wearing emotions on his sleeves. A total mess.
But thats what true leadership is about or at least should be about. Its about being bold enough to do what is necessary. Lets assume for arguments sake that there are certain people who aren't secure enough and get upset by his so-called "antics"...why is Mushfiqur (or his fans) obligated to accommodate them? That doesn't make any sense to me. Its not like he's committed a crime. If there is a better player out there, let them score the runs, and he will automatically be selected. But there isn't (apart from Mosaddek who is being forced out by Riyad in the Test side - but thats a different story).

Bangladesh cricket should not have to tip toe around egg shells. We are BANGLADESH. Its only our own ineptitude shackling our team from becoming the best team in cricket.

If Shakib wants grab his crotch during a game, I'm all for it. If Mushy makes an instagram video supporting one team over another, I'm all for it. In fact if there is any scope for criticism, its that be backed down to the haters and deleted it. Those people don't have the best interests of Bangladesh cricket at heart.

The main point is, Mushy has a toughness that is rare. He got hit by a 150 kph beamer [possibly intentionally thrown] by Varun Aaaron and kept batting. He batted with bruised, probably fractured fingers in NZ and hit a top class hundred. Thats the kind of toughness we need in all XI players. The "antics" are just a bonus, the cherry on top of the sundae.

My two cents and I agree should be a good topic for a podcast.

#OneTeam1Dream