View Single Post
Old August 24, 2018, 12:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Non believers and atheists like to take the moral high ground, even though their own moral relativism means that there is no moral high ground.
Incorrect.

A believer does not need to prove anything whereas an agnostic goes by the observation and may turn into an atheist or vice versa. Agnostic observes and then strives to make an understanding out of the environment more like the Himu character. I cannot tell how an observer would ponder in Mars, Amazon rain forests or even near North Pole (for example will he wait to break fast for whole six months while the Ramadan/2 Eids etc. already over near the equator). But interestingly a believer goes by full submission. He does not have to stand his ground every time his belief system/prophecies/history/legacy are criticized or questioned by believers of other systems/atheists/non-believers etc.

So, when I see people 1. starts gathering all kinds of symbolic proof for existence of their belief system, 2. becomes furious and leaves no stones unturned to fingerpoint and hairsplit the wrong vs right, it only makes me laugh.

This is a waste of time for a believer, but for an agnostic/atheist not so much. It is essential for the latter group. Almost as is this is part of evolution, an struggle for existence in a highly polarized world.